No Image Available


Read more from TrainingZone

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Extra pay or training? the jury is out!


It just goes to show that there are lies, damn lies and statistics....................

Several weeks ago TrainingZone reported that 60 percent of Scots would be willing to accept a lower salary if they were given greater training opportunities.

It now transpires in a survey by IT company AOL that 39 percent of employees would move jobs for a pay rise, however slight - presumably the other 61 percent are holding out for improved training.

Details of the report highlighted by the IPD reveal a good deal of dissatisfaction within organisations - just over a quarter of respondents would not recommend their organisation as a place to work, and almost half said they were not happy with the way change was managed in their organisation.

In addition, more than half of respondents claimed to be experiencing a higher level of stress in their job than expected, with only 39 per cent feeling that their management recognised the need for work-life balance.


Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.


Thank you!