No Image Available

TrainingZone

Read more from TrainingZone

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

UK business buys into Syndicate Training for cheaper courses

default-16x9

A press release from Syndicate Training:-

British business is buying into a new concept that provides training courses at half the cost charged by conventional training suppliers.


Over 170 UK companies have now joined London-based Syndicate
Training, set up in 1996 by managing director Laurie Bell to buy open course and in-house training direct at lower cost.

Syndicate Training members include Carphone Warehouse, Madame Tussauds, J Walter Thompson. Smaller company members include the National Farmers Union.

Members can choose from over 40 different, mostly two-day courses across 200 dates during this year.

Syndicate Training specialises in human resources issues. New courses announced by the company for 2000 include "Advanced Negotiation Skills" and "Teams - Leading and Building and Influencing and Persuading".

Syndicate Training delivers quality training at half the usual price through the aggregated buying power of its members. Membership is free - companies only pay for training, with a minimum purchase of 12 delegate places for a two day course during any one year (equating with a cost of £4,750).

Training is in groups of no more than 12 persons drawn from different organisations within the syndicate. Mixing delegates is popular as it enables them to learn how their peers in other businesses and markets deal with differing employment situations.

Says Laurie Bell:

"Training is going to become increasingly important as people spend more time in front of their PCs and less developing traditional workplace and interpersonal skills.

"Employers expect to find only 60 per cent of the skills they need in a new recruit. The remaining 40 per cent is going to come from training. But why should it cost the earth?"

"The cost benefits and other advantages that our members enjoy through syndicated purchasing can only mean that the high charges imposed by most other training organisations are going to be severely challenged."


Contact
Jane Martin at a propos: tel 020 8742 2927 fax 020 8747 8779; email: apropos@globalnet.co.uk
or Peter Muir at à propos: tel 01296 715228

February 2000

Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

 

Thank you!