No Image Available

Seb Anthony

Read more from Seb Anthony

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });



We are seeking approval as an EMTA centre. To deliever the VRQ programmes we want I have been informed that the provider will have to have a CertEd.
Internet searches have failed to turn up anyone in or around the South Midlands (or even in the Midlands).
Does anyone know of an Institution that delivers this one?
Nigel Richards

2 Responses

  1. Cert Ed
    University of Wolverhampton deliver Cert Ed usually via other colleges. I did mine at Worcester College a couple of years ago. Worth a phone call to Wolverhampton

  2. Cert Ed
    Isn’t the CertEd the same as a PGCE? certainly to some providers is it. Not sure why EMTA is asking for this, from memory there was something going on a few years ago in the FE sector where Tutors needed CG 7307 as a abre minimum (At the same time a new qualification was coming in for HE Lecturers).

    As the PGCE is split into primary and secondary perhaps clarification from EMTA is needed?


Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.


Thank you!