No Image Available

Seb Anthony

Read more from Seb Anthony

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

More details of UK trainer qualifications


I am operating a Registered Training Organisation in Australia and have had an enquiry from an ex-UK resident who is seeking recognition of prior learning for the following qualifications she says she holds:
Certificate 7306 Further and Adult Education Teachers Certificate
"D" 32/33/34 work place assessor

In Australia I would be able to go to our site and obtain detailed information about the qualification in question but I am at a loss to know where I would find the same sort of information for a UK based qualification. Hoping someone can help me!

Shelley Richards

8 Responses

  1. Information
    Hi Shelley, I addition to the information given above you will find that the D32,33 and 34 units have changed name, now being called A1 and V1 units. The original 32 and 33 certification refers to the Assessors certificate (A1), the 34 being the internal verifier certificate (V1).
    hope this helps

  2. Thanks Guys!
    Wayne and Nigel,
    I appreciate your posts – I have checked out city and guilds website and will contact them for the details that I require to determine if client is eligible for recognition of prior learning.
    Any other information would be greatly appreciated.
    I am trying to determine whether this person needs to do a complete training/assessment qualification in Australia or not (to be eligible for our Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training qual).

  3. Levels
    I cannot be definitive on this but I think you will find that the Certificate equates to Level 4 in the Australian standards.
    As important as the Assessor qualifications will be the Licence – if the person concerned holds a licence to assess at (UK NVQ) level 3 or above that would also reinforce that they are at about your level 4.
    The content of the Australian qualification is nearer to our CIPD Certificate in Training Practice, so you may still find that some Accreditation of Prior Learning evidence of how they have applied their learning may be of value.
    Hope this helps.

  4. Information
    Hi Shelley,
    To reply with Grahams comments I am completing my Certificate in Training Practice with the CIPD, I didn’t realise that this fits closley with the australian certificate. If you would like any information on what it entails then you can contact me for info. I agree with Grahams comments that you may find the need for Prior Learning evidence as there is more in depth learning with the Certificate in Training Practice

  5. Thanks for your comments!
    Thanks to everyone for adding their comments – I am now in a MUCH better position to determine recognition than I was a few days ago. The website references are great as I have been able to go to them and check out things that interest me there.
    If/when I go through the recognition process with my potential client, I will update this thread with the outcomes (just in case Graham or anyone else is interested in how/where equivalence exists between our units of competency and the UK ones).
    If I can ever help with queries that relate to Australian qualifications, I would be happy to assist! Kind regards, Shelley


Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.


Thank you!