No Image Available

Seb Anthony

Read more from Seb Anthony

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Professional indemnity insurance


We are due to renew our professional indemnity insurance, copyright infringement, product liability insurance, (which a couple of our major customers require us to have), but I am concerned that our current insurance is not really geared to the traing industry, and we are probably paying for things we don't need. Can anyone recommend a supplier of professional indemnity insurance suitable to training companies?
Rod Webb

5 Responses

  1. Professional Indemnity
    The CIPD has an individual scheme thru SMG in Leeds which costs about UK£70 for UK£1million and about £80 for £2m. Worth ringing re corporate policy

    Smithson Mason Group
    SMG House
    31 Clarendon Road
    Leeds LS2 9PA
    Tel: 0113 294 4000
    Fax: 0113 294 4101

  2. PI insurance needs to be from a good Co
    Our broker is Dickson Manchester 0207 702 4700. Very comprehensive cover placed at Lloyds.

  3. ITOL
    I believe ITOL (Institute for Training & Occupational Learning) has arranged a discounted rate for members.

    Contact Jeffrey Brooks at ITOL for details
    0161 483 4577
    [email protected]

  4. Indemnity Insurance
    We use Marsh who have a policy specifically for “Consultancy and Training Providers and their Practices”. Premiums have increased by a non-negotiable 15% this year but they do offer comprehensive protection up to £1 million.

    Suggest you call:
    Zoe Panetta
    Marsh UK Ltd.
    39 Kings Hill Ave
    Kings Hill
    West Malling
    Kent ME19 4ER

    Tel: 01732 877527


Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.


Thank you!