No Image Available


Read more from TrainingZone

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Service Planning for Young People with Special Needs.


I work for Health and Social Services (Adult Services ) I am currently involved with two of my colleagues from our Children's Service, in a pilot project looking at how to support the young person and their carer through from children's services to adult services.
This can be a very traumatic time for a young person and their carer, especially when the young person has special needs.
For the pilot we have applied the following criteria, the young person:

* Be age 14.
* Must be known to the Children's Service.
* Must have special needs.
* Must attend a special needs School.
In addition we have adopted a care management approach in order to underpin all elements of the assessment process.

If you are involved in any form of transitional arrangements of this type, I would appreciate contact with you.

Thanks in anticipation. Lynn.

One Response

  1. Transition Planning – young people with special needs
    Probably not quite what you’re looking for but have you talked to your local careers service company about how they develop the transition plan for the move from school to `after school’? There might be something in what they do that could help.
    Hazel Edmunds


Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.


Thank you!