No Image Available


Read more from TrainingZone

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

SVQ Award re ‘Supporting Carers’


Does anyone know of an SVQ award (Level 3/4)which a member of staff who supports families who 'foster' adults with mental health and/or learning disabilities to work towards to gain a recognised qualification in the area? This is in relation to supporting the family to support the person, not supporting the person themselves.
Ann Marie McKenna

4 Responses

  1. Carers qualification
    You could start by trying the awarding bodies ie City nad Guilds, OCR and Execel. Our thoughts are that no such course exists presently. If you want to discuss the possibility of accrediting a course to suit your needs please email or phone for further details and some guidance (free).

    Good Luck

    Training By Design Global Ltd
    Phone 0870 241 3998
    [email protected]

  2. C&G/ NOCN Course
    City & Guilds Affinity and NOCN offer Certificates in Working with People who have Learning Difficulties which covers involving and supporting families and carers. Not sure of the level but it’s the only course I can think of.

    SQA offer VQ in Care at level 4 and Community Work at level 4 I would suggest seeing the elements involved to see if any come close to your criteria.


Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.


Thank you!