No Image Available


Read more from TrainingZone

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Can anyone recommend a qualification for our Web Designer?


Our web designer is looking for a qualification to encorporate web design and the use of technology in communications/customer focus.

The ones we have looked at are mainly too technical or too basic.

Your recommendations would be appreciated.
Claire Collis

3 Responses

  1. Web design qualifications
    Not sure if you’ve investigated them already but you might want to look at:

    Certified Internet Webmaster (CiW)

    There are a range of training providers who offer programmes which lead to those qualifications across the UK.

  2. Qualification for a web designer
    Diploma in ergonomics at the Centre for Human and Interactive Systems, University College, London

    It is of post-graduate standard and introduces students to theory and practice of human-computer interaction in a host of applications. Hard going, but of world-class status.

  3. Another suggestion
    I certainly agree with Wayne with the CIW, however for things a little less technical, you might want to consider some of the courses from the HTML Writers Guild (

    Although there is no final qualification, there lecturers explain things clearly and easily.


Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!