No Image Available

Seb Anthony

Read more from Seb Anthony

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });



I have worked as an IT Trainer for the past year and thoroughly enjoy it. The software I train on is a bespoke package and I would like to expand my skillset to offer training in microsoft packages such as excel and powerpoint etc. I just need some advice on the best route to take to achieve certification and also I am keen to know how in demand trainers in this area are?
Russell Williams

2 Responses

  1. MS certification
    Hi there,you should focus on Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)certification by becoming a MOS Master. This is normally sufficent to become an instructor or you may wish to supplement all of this by doing a Microsoft Train the Trainer course at some point. Just be aware of the versions of Office that you become a MOS Master in…as the certification only applies to the version of Office that you complete training in e.g. 2003 or XP etc.
    I am not sure if MOS is available for Office 2007 yet but there will be big demand for this as it has a very different interface than all previous versions of Office!

    Check out MS website for info on MOS certifications.

    Hope that helps.


  2. I agree with Paul
    I agree with Paul’s comments; ultimately you should aim for Microsoft Office Master Instructor status, like me.

    However (and at a large cost), TAP through the IITT would be a great advantage as well as MOS.

    As for the market, there is contract work around but a lot of players so times can become “lean”

    Good luck in the future


Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.


Thank you!