No Image Available

Seb Anthony

Read more from Seb Anthony

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Secondary income


I have plenty of free time and therefore the oppertunity to earn a second income by doing some agency work. However I am currently in the higher tax band of 40% so any agency work would be harshly taxed. My wife doesn't work and doesn't pay tax. Could I work but my wife accept the wages and only pay the lower band of tax?
chris duggins

One Response

  1. Conact your accountant

    I would guess there is a way by you setting up a limited company and working through that with you and your wife as share holders. Then she will draw a minimal salary and dividend. You may also be able to draw a dividend.

    Please note this is not any sort of advice and I could be totally wrong here or there may be pitfalls for you mgiven circumsances. All I would suggest is you discuss this with an accountant. Most accountants will give you an hours pre-sales consultation FOC – yes FREE OF CHARGE.

    Hope that helps.


    Phil Vale.


Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.


Thank you!