No Image Available

Julia Glebocki

Freightliner Group Ltd

Development Manager

Read more from Julia Glebocki

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Train the Trainer Qualification


I am looking for a recognised Train the Trainer qualification so taht an in-house trainer can deliver managment skills type training.  There are losts of courses out there and C&Gs have also recently changed theirs.  Can anyone advise on or recommend a qualification?

8 Responses

  1. Dont have fun!

    Hi Glebock

    Not sure where you are based but I would contact ITOL in Liverpool and ask for a local accredited provider near to you. Other than that the City and Guilds is good as is TAP but there are many others. Just make sure the course is accredited. (also avoid fluffy toys, plastic clappy hands and anyone that promises "fun" training)

    Good luck



  2. Train the Trainer Qualification

    Thanks Steve,  I notice the CIPD also have a Foundation and Advanced course for trainers.

  3. TTT

    Yes the CIPD, City and Guilds, TAP (and I’m sure there are others) have advanced courses so you can build up more courses in the future. I quite like ITOL but thats just my personal prefererence because they accredit my TTT course.

    However…if I was deciding to do a course now I would probably go with TAP as they have a whoe suite of interesting courses you could do in the future.

    Let us know how you get on!

  4. TAP

    I too would recommend TAP, I have done a few of their courses and rate them very highly (and you know us trainers are notoriously difficult to please). 

  5. Trainer qualification

    I would totally agree with Phil – TAP is one of the best qualifications on the market.  Just Google TAP qualification.  I found this qualification to be far superior to C&G (though I haven’t been through the PTLLS, DTLLS, etc).

    I really enjoyed being on the TAP courses and have found it to be the foundation of my training career.

    Hope this helps!



  6. a small voice of query…..

    Dear GlebockiJ

    You say:

    "I am looking for a recognised Train the Trainer qualification so that an in-house trainer can deliver managment skills type training."

    May I ask why a trainer has to have a "qualification" in order to deliver the training…..aren’t the skills and ability adequate?

    Since the trainer is "in-house" the qualification they possess is only really "recognised" by you , as you aren’t having to rapidly develop credibility to "sell" the trainer into new clients all the time, so what qualification do you recognise?

    Rus Slater

    PS I’m not knocking TAP, CIPD or any other recognised qualification, nor am I questioning a desire for professionalism.  I’m just questioning the apparent requirement for a ‘permit’ to practice a craft….especially when the buyer seems unsure of who to turn to for a permit.

  7. Postgraduate Certificate in the Delivery of Soft Skills and Expe

    Yes! We have developed a full post grad validated by University of Roehampton and delivered in flexible modules through blended learning approach. As we know, this industry can be quite unregulated so this qualification helps to change that. This programme is ideal for any trainer, either experienced, or wanting to branch out into behaviourial based training.

    More details can be found here:


    Do get in touch with me directly if you want any further help with this – [email protected]

  8. AddisonSmith

    Training is not the only medium to get a valuable qualification. The traditional band to get expertise was to do a revolution over dozens weeks months or even age at TAFE or college or a private vocational education institution volunteer management qualifications

No Image Available
Julia Glebocki

Development Manager

Read more from Julia Glebocki

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.


Thank you!