No Image Available


Read more from TrainingZone

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

What do I need to qualify and how to get my first job


I want to be an IT trainer and I am studying for MOUS certificates. I have been informed I need D33, CG7307 also but I cannot complete these courses as I am currently working in admin only.
I cannot get a job as IT trainer as everybody want experience and the only way to complete the D33 and Cg7307 is on the job experience and examples.

I am at a loss where to turn to and I am finding information very hard to get hold of. Any help would be gratefully received as I am very keen to get started!

Michelle Doig

4 Responses

  1. Instutite of IT Trainers
    If you are really serious about becoming an IT Trainer, then you need to look into the Instutite (, they are the only ‘body’ dedicated to IT Training.

    If you join as an Affliate (the lowest level), then you immediately start to get a discount on their courses.

    Completing even the Part 1 Certificate can then be put forward as part of the necessary proof for MOUS Master Instructor.

    Good Luck

  2. You might want to consider CTT
    CTT (certified technical trainer) is a more widely recognised qualification – it’s recognised by Microsoft, Adobe, Corel, IBM, Informix etc. It’s also internationally recognised and used across a number of different industries. It’s owned by non-profit making body CompTIA –

    CTT fulfils the trainer skills part of Mous MI, MCT and many other vendor qualifications. So that’s probably your best bet.

  3. Training Career
    Please do not give up. It is a fulfilling career. I changed careers 3 years ago from being a trainee solicitor to a trainer.

    I had no experience except self taught skills. I kept at it and managed to get into a firm that was willing to train me up without much experience. I have not looked back since. MOUS certifications are useful (currently aiming for MOUS Master Instructor cert myself) and the IITT accreditations are valuable. CTT and MCT seems to be aimed at technical trainers. So it depends on which route you want to go down.

  4. Go for it!
    I was a secretary/PA for many years. I did a part-time RSA Teacher’s Certificate in Office Studies for 1 year at my local college(equivalent to Cert Ed 1 & 2). They organised my first teaching experience for HND students in the college. I went on to become a lecturer in IT in FE & Adult Education. I continued my part-time studies (Cert Ed Stage 3 & then BA(Hons) Prof Studies in Education). It took me 6 years but now I’m UK Training & IT Manager for a worldwide organisation. You can study part-time whilst working – it really is worth it.


Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.


Thank you!